June 8, 2008 -- "Functioning as the Body of Christ" - 1 Corinthians 12:12-27 - 柯睿理 傳道 Daniel
1. Be content with where God has put you in the Church (v12-16)
2. Diversity of gifts and offices is necessary (v17-20)
3. Mutual dependence is necessary (v21-22). This means there is no room for pride. If you seek to be independent of the Church, you will suffer, and the Church will suffer.
4. The least attractive gifts are the more important ones (v23-24)
5. Solidarity is essential within the Church (v25-27). It's not the "Chinese burden" -- it's our burden. It's not the Chinese church -- it's our church.
Church is not something you do on Sunday; it's something you are.